Saturday 5 May 2012

Pepe blames Chelsea for Torres Form

News from justchelsea.com According to Liverpool’s goalkeeper Pepe Reina, who was Torres’ teammate until the striker left the Kops, seems to think that the problem with Fernando’s lack of goals was not his form but the club which did not treat him right. Reina has accused former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas for not backing Torres up, and seems to think that it was the Portugues’ fault that Torres stopped scoring at the Bridge. “I don’t think Chelsea, as a club, delivered for him – the pressure was there, but I don’t think it was only down to Fernando,” Reina said. “The difference between Fernando and myself is I have had the confidence of the people at my club all the time. “I don’t think that has been the case for him at Chelsea. “It is much easier to get over mistakes when you know you have the confidence of your manager and your team-mates. With Andre Villas-Boas especially, I don’t think Fernando felt that.” All in all, the Spanish striker seems to be back in form and the timing couldn’t have been better. The Blues are facing a tough season end, a cup final against Liverpool and the all-important Champions League final againstBayern Munich. Furthermore, the striker is also going to be a part of Spain’s first team at this summer’s EURO, and with Villa completely out of form after spending a long time on the sidelines, the Spaniards are pretty much relying on him and Llorente to do the job. I think Reina is right on this one. Do you think that Torres will manage to deliver?

No comments:

Post a Comment