Friday 4 May 2012

MY First CRush



I grew up in Ogun State,one of the states in Nigeria.My dad was a Civil Servant and my Muma business woman.
Growing up was really interesting with childhood friends like Tolu Phillips,Koya Solarin,Muyiwa Soyombo,Yemi Adeyemi,Tunde Maxwell,Frank Abhu,etc.I had to stop because there were so many of them,i met different friends at different stages of my life.I kind of cherish the moments i had when i was in the Estate which brings me to my story.
I remember when i was 15 and had my first crush on a girl that stayed few blocks away.I use to sit at the backyard waiting for her to stroll out or go for an errand,each time having it in mind to ask her to be my girlfriend and each time my courage failed me
I was so happy when i knew she was a close friend to another friend of mine,and between weeks of noticing her we became friends,but still i couldnt tell my mind to her.
I have an idea,i will just tell this friend of mine to talk to her for me,then maybe i could finish up myself that is if i even know the right words to say.The truth is i have never asked a lady out as i was still young and i wanted to be like my other friends who had gf’s already.
Back to my story,i told this friend of mine and he agreed and talked to her for me,unfortunately she said NO,but with much persuation from my friend she finally decided to give me a chance to convince her i wanted her so she said “Tell Ighalo to come to me himself or is he scared”.
My friend told me and i was so thrilled,so i sat down and thought about many things i can say to comvince her.I decided to write her a letter,but as fate would have it i saw her few days later and i felt not saying anything to her would make me a coward,if i had known i would have just ran away and hide till i was man enough but i went to her and said,” i have been trying all this while to tell you how i feel about you”.I thought she would ask how?,but all she said was “I have a guy already so i want you to convince me that you would treat me better than he is”.There i stood like a fool,i didnt know what to say because i never considered that response,so i said “i will treat you better cause I love you”.She looked at me and laughed,she said loved?,next thing she walked out.Thinking about it now,you wont believe i still dont know what i would have said to her at her tender age thant would have made her say yes but one thing was for sure,I realy had a hard crush on her.Well she may be reading this too,so guys how many of you have been in this situation before while growing up?.Ot should i say ur fondest memory while growing up?
I appreciate your comment.Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment